Re: Multiple Project Assurances James R. Brett 09 Aug 2000 11:19 EST

My understanding is that DHHS will soon be changing all domestic entity
assurances to what is in effect a multiple project assurance.  This is
part of the general refocus on assurances and federal regulations.  We
heard about this at SRA in Kona.

I notice that the new Office for Human Research Protections (formerly the
human subjects side of OPRR) still has samples of both multiple and single
project assurances at http://ohrp.osophs.dhhs.gov/polasur.htm.

Jim

"Rebecca J. Sutcliffe" wrote:

> Hello all:
> I'd like to hear from anyone who has recently negotiated
> a multiple project assurance (MPA) with the NIH
> for research involving
> human subjects. Specifically, why did
> you choose the MPA over single project assurances? Did
> you use the sample MPA as a model, or did your school
> develop one from scratch? How long did the process take?
> Would you do it the same way again? Were there any
> snags/pitfalls you'd warn others about?
>
> I'd appreciate hearing about your experience. We are
> considering negotiating an MPA and would like to know
> more about the process.
> Thank you.
> RJS
> Rebecca Sutcliffe, Ph.D.