Re: NIH Delayed Obligation Rescinded Hawk, Pat 02 Aug 2000 16:11 EST

Robert,

Thanks for this update.  I hadn't heard that the delayed obligation's been
rescinded, but I did get my first "award revised to provide the remainder of
committed funds for the current budget period" award just last week.

Pat

Patricia A. Hawk
Sponsored Projects Administrator
5219 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR  97403-5219
tel: 541/346-2504
fax: 541/346-5138
e-mail:  xxxxxx@orsa.uoregon.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Aull, Robert [mailto:xxxxxx@IUPUI.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 1:19 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: NIH Delayed Obligation Rescinded

We at Indiana University received a revised NGA recently which included a
statement "to provide the remainder of committed funds for the current
budget period due to rescission of the prior NIH requirement for delayed
obligations on FY2000 funds."  I called NIDDK and was told that the delayed
obligation had been rescinded and that we should see the remaining funds for
our delayed awards over the next two months rather than all on September 29,
2000.  Good news for both sides, I'm sure.
Robert Aull
Research Administration
Department of Medicine
Indiana University