Re: Gift or Grant Jon Hart 02 Aug 2000 13:19 EST

The difference to me is that gifts are unrestricted funds:  they are not
for a specific research protocol,  a percentage of effort of the PI is not
committed, nor are specific resources.  They are merely a monetary gift to
the lab, to be used as necessary over an unspecified period of time.  Since
there is no %effort involved, nor a specific research protocol to be
followed, it seems inappropriate  to include with the NIH Other Support, as
it is outside the parameters of what they are reviewing.

Jon Hart