Re: Consequences of Delinquent Reports Domenica G. Pappas 25 Jul 2000 16:56 EST

We had this situation at our institution.  The bottom line is that the
institution is responsible for the report.  We referred it to the chair --
the chair then found an individual to do the report (we tried to contact
the PI who left, but she was not very supportive).

At 02:45 PM 7/25/00 -0500, Sally Eckert-Tilotta wrote:
>And another question along that line:   what if the PI has left the
>institution, and the institution has no one who knows enough about the
>project to write a final report?
>
>Sally Eckert-Tilotta, Ph.D., Associate Director
>Office of Research & Program Development
>University of North Dakota
>PO Box 7134
>Grand Forks, ND  58202
>Tel:  701-777-2049
>Fax:  701-777-2504
>Email:  xxxxxx@mail.und.nodak.edu

>And along these lines, what effective strategies are there for getting faculty
>to submit the reports?  We have one that has been absolutely impossible--and
>freezing rcurrent esearch accounts wouldn't solve the situation but, in fact,
>would probably make the PI happy because it would relieve the PI of further
>responsibility for continuing the work.  What can we suggest to the Chair
>and/or
>Dean when the PI is a tenured faculty member?

Domenica G. Pappas                              Phone 312-567-3035
Assistant Director                              Fax 312-567-6980
Office of Sponsored Research                    xxxxxx@iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 S. Federal Street,  MB Rm 301
Chicago, IL 60616-3793