Re: Congratulatory Award Letter? Angeline Farmer 06 Jul 2000 21:08 EST

Greetings from the land of OZ!  We seem to be doing more and more via
e-mail in Australia.  Notifications of Award, Congratulatory letters etc
etc.  We don't wait for the official notification - mainly because it can
be weeks before we receive it.  If we have an e-mail that indicates the
success we send a letter of congratulations from the Research Office - the
PVC (R&D) often sends her own as well. Researchers' networks are rife and
results are often circulated via the network before even we get the
"official" notification, so a quick response is much appreciated. Deans and
Associate Deans (Research) within the Faculties are also copied, so
everyone is in the loop so to speak.  Makes it easy!

Angeline