Digest form vs. individual messages Erika Zynda 28 Jun 2000 13:23 EST

Constance, I find the best way to deal with a list serve such as ResAdm is
to set up a filter within my email program. All of the messages go into a
separate mailbox and then when I have time I can go in and sort them by
subject. This lets me either follow and interesting thread or delete a
features that help in this, but I think any email program will handle the
filtering.

Erika

Date:    Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:23:08 -0500
From:    "Adcock, Constance" <xxxxxx@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject: Re: RESADM-L Digest - 22 Jun 2000 to 26 Jun 2000 (#2000-69)

I recently changed my subscription to receive digest instead of the all day
long back and forth over various topics and was really looking forward to
receiving the information in a sort of organized fashion.  I am quite
dismayed that you cannot click on a topic (or the number of the topic) and
zero right in on what you want to read.  Also, isn't there some way you can
cull all the responses from people who are sending "out of the office
messages" and the instructions for using the list serve?  I have seen this
done on other listserves.  It takes so long to find what you are looking
for, I'm not sure my choosing the digest is any improvement over the other,
which just gets to be too much all day long.

Sorry to be critical, but we all have to efficient with our time and I have
learned a lot reading material on the listserv but would appreciate your
consideration on ways to make it better.

Thanks very much!
Constance N. Adcock
Manager, Research Services
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital