Modular grant application Belman, Phillip 28 Jun 2000 10:43 EST

 Hello RESADM-Lers,

 We are submitting a three year modular grant application with two
consortiums.  One of the consortims only lasts for the first two years of
the project.  The consortium is about $50K/year.  We are considering asking
for two less modules in year three of the project.  Our concern is that the
NIH will cut back the first two years by $50K as well.  Has anyone had any
experiences (good or bad) requesting less modules in future years of a
project?  Thanks in advance.