Re: Federal Funding of Graduate Asst. Stipends & Tuition Howard M. Kaplan 26 Jun 2000 18:42 EST

Sharon (et al) -

 We have not had an opportunity to try this with NASA.  However, we have had
no problem with getting the budgets approved in awards from virtually every
Federal Agency we have approached in recent years - including NSF, NIH (and
other DHHS units), Dept. of Commerce/NOAA, the National Park Service, and
the Dept. of Education.
 I will be happy to fax you copies of any of the budget requests,
justifications, awards notices, etc.

Best regards,
Howie Kaplan

Director, Research Services & Sponsored Progs.
Georgia Southern University
Hwy. 301 So. Office Bldg., P.O. Box 8005
Statesboro, GA 30460-8005
912-681-5465; FAX: 912-681-0719
xxxxxx@gasou.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Cole, Sharon A
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 10:04 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG

Howie,

Has this worked?  Have you been funded from a federal agency that issued a
research agreement with approval for stipend, tuition and fees?

In particular, have you used this approach with NASA? I would appreciate
knowing what federal agencies that you have successfully used this technique
with.

Thanks,

Sharon Cole
Grants and Contracts Administrator