Re: NSF & Academic Year Support on Research Grants Susan B. Burke 21 Jun 2000 11:32 EST

i cast my vote in pat's court....with a couple of caveats.  the first is
that the nsf program be one that will consider faculty AYSOG.  some
programs, such as physics, NEVER allow AYSOG.  the second is that you can
justify that the amount of PI effort during the academic year will be
greater than what would normally be covered by your institution's policy on
the percentage of time a faculty member is expected to devote to research as
part of his/her university responsibility.

"Eleanor M. Cicinsky" wrote:

> A question came up about requesting a portion of academic year salary
> support on NSF Research projects.   This would be in addition to the 2/9
> of summer support that is normally requested from NSF.    Do any of you
> request this support or do you consider the AY time to be contributed
> effort on NSF research applications?
> I know some agencies allow for this request -- but what is NSF's stance
> in the area.
>
> Thank you,
>   Eleanor Cicinsky

Susan B. Burke
Sponsored Research Development Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Research
The George Washington University
2121 I Street NW, Suite 601
Washington, DC 20052