Re: Human Subjects Education Plans Susan B. Burke 09 Jun 2000 14:59 EST

again, this would be great as an attachment to the list serve....
thanks.
susan

"Janet M. Hahn" wrote:

> I'd like to hear about such a training program as well.  Thanks.  Janet Hahn
>
> At 01:28 PM 6/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Sally's posting of the Human Subjects Education requirement reminds me that
> >I meant to post a note on this.
> >
> >WSU does not have a Multiple Project Assurance.  We do have an IRB (Human
> >Subjects Committee) staffed by appropriate faculty and community
> >representatives and, of course, follow all the regs.  In the ten years I've
> >been here, we've only had one NIH research grant for which NIH granted us a
> >Single Project Assurance.
> >
> >Basically WSU faculty do survey/interview research and don't get into any
> >type of medical procedure.  The most elaborate thing we've ever done
> >involved blood samples.  If anybody at an institution has an "education"
> >plan of any kind for an institution like ours, I'd love to hear about it.
> >Faculty are appointed to our IRB on a voluntary rotating basis and I don't
> >want to make their task (and mine) any more arduous than need be.
> >
> >**************************************************************************
> >
> >Nancy Kay Peterson
> >Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
> >Somsen Hall Room 202-C
> >Winona State University
> >Winona, MN  55987
> >
> >Phone:  507.457.5519
> >Fax:       507.457.2415
> >xxxxxx@winona.msus.edu
> >http://www.winona.msus.edu/grants/

Susan B. Burke
Sponsored Research Development Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Research
The George Washington University
2121 I Street NW, Suite 601
Washington, DC 20052