Out of the Office (was Re: Position Available) Jennifer A. Miles 05 Jun 2000 07:36 EST

At 08:48 AM 06/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR
>The University of Alabama in Huntsville
>
>        The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is seeking a Research
>Administrator to serve as the Contracting Officer for the University of
>Alabama in Huntsville on all sponsored research agreements. The
>Administrator is authorized by the Board of Trustees of the University of
>Alabama System to commit the University on proposals, contracts, grants and
>related research documents. The Administrator reports to the Associate Vice
>President for Research for all contractual activities related to research
>and directs the Research Administration office of 16 employees. The office
>processes over 600 proposals valued at $125 million per year, over 700
>awards valued at $35 million per year, and subcontracts valued at over $4
>million per year. The Administrator protects the University by assuring
>compliance with all laws and regulations and by tracking agreements from
>proposal through award and audit.
>
>        A Master's degree, preferably in business, and ten years experience in
>contracting, five of which are in management in a university contracts
>office are required. A Bachelor's degree and 15 years experience, five of
>which are in management in a university contracts office, will be accepted
>in lieu of a Master's degree.
>
>        The University of Alabama in Huntsville is a state institution
>dedicated to
>both teaching and research. The University has over 5,500 undergraduate and
>1,500 graduate students. It has approximately 275 faculty members in five
>colleges.
>
>        Applicants should send current resume to:
>
>Research Administrator Search Committee
>Staff Employment Office
>135 Madison Hall
>The University of Alabama in Huntsville
>Huntsville, AL 35899
>Fax (256) 890-6908
>
>        Letters of nomination should be sent to the same address and should
>include
>the complete address of the nominee. Applications and nominations will be
>accepted until the position is filled.
>
>        The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an equal
>opportunity/affirmative
>action employer.

I will be out of the office from Monday, May 29th through Friday, June 2nd.
 If you need assistance during this time, please contact Rhonda Hagan
(xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu) or Erin Wallett (xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu).  If your needs
are not urgent, I will respond as soon as possible after my return.  Thank you.
Jennifer A. Miles, CPA
Accounting Manager Senior
University of Kentucky
Sponsored Projects Accounting