Out of the Office (was Re: Position available-UNC) Jennifer A. Miles 05 Jun 2000 07:36 EST

At 08:10 AM 06/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>The following position is available at UNC-Chapel Hill.  If you are
>interested or know of anyone that is qualified, please contact me at the
>number below.  Have a good day.
>
>John Case
>Executive Director, Office of Contracts an Grants
>University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
>(919) 966-2542
>

>DIRECTOR OF COST ANALYSIS & COMPLIANCE
>OFFICE OF CONTRACTS & GRANTS
>UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
>
>The mission of the Cost Analysis and Compliance Section of the Office of
>Contracts and Grants is to ensure that the Facilities & Administrative
>(F&A) Rate Proposal is prepared in a fashion that will maximize the
>University�s F&A rate while minimizing the potential for cost
>disallowance by the federal government.  In addition, the area is
>responsible for assisting campus units in the establishment, monitoring,
>and regulatory compliance of their recharge activities.  The area is
>responsible for University compliance with its Cost Accounting Standards
>Disclosure Statement (DS-2) and for submitting the necessary revisions
>to the DS-2 in the event cost accounting practices change.
>
>The Director�s role includes a combination of management,
>administrative, and high-level cost accounting responsibilities.  The
>incumbent oversees the work of Cost Analysis and Compliance Section
>employees to ensure that the unit�s objectives are consistently met,
>works with DHHS to resolve compliance issues and negotiates as
>appropriate with DHHS.  In order to successfully perform the above, the
>Director must keep abreast of changes to federal costing regulations and
>work with departmental units including Physical Plant and other
>Auxiliary Units to understand the intricacy of their cost allocation
>methodologies.  The Director is responsible for maintaining a rules
>based expert software system that calculates the University�s F&A Cost
>Proposal.  This system assists the Director in identifying issues which
>must then be discussed with units for resolution. In order to maintain
>this system the Director must work with many University financial and
>systems departments such as members of the Controller�s Area, Accounting
>Services, Payroll, Asset Management, Physical Plant, Facilities
>Management, and AIS to ensure that information and computer downloads
>from these departments are organized in a fashion that will accurately
>reflect the University�s financial picture and provides meaningful data
>for the University F&A Cost Proposal.
>
>Responsibilities must be carried out in a timely manner; in full
>compliance with the regulations of the University, the state, and the
>federal government in such a way that compliance is maintained, while
>permitting maximum flexibility to University units.  The Director for
>the Cost Analysis and Compliance section reports directly to the
> [...]

I will be out of the office from Monday, May 29th through Friday, June 2nd.
 If you need assistance during this time, please contact Rhonda Hagan
(xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu) or Erin Wallett (xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu).  If your needs
are not urgent, I will respond as soon as possible after my return.  Thank you.
Jennifer A. Miles, CPA
Accounting Manager Senior
University of Kentucky
Sponsored Projects Accounting