Out of the Office (was Re: Position Available in Philadelphia) Jennifer A. Miles 05 Jun 2000 07:36 EST

At 01:47 PM 05/31/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>The Office of Sponsored Program at Albert Einstein Healthcare
>Network (AEHN) has an immediate opening for a grants and contracts
>administrator.  Albert Einstein Healthcare Network is located north of
>Center City Philadelphia.  It is a major healthcare organization in the
>greater Philadelphia region.  The Office of Sponsored Programs provides a
>full continuum of research administration services to the AEHN research
>community.
>
>DUTIES:  Work with physician/investigators and departmental
>administrators in the preparation and submission of grant
>applications ensuring compliance with sponsor and institution
>policies.  In conjunction with Principal Investigators, prepare
>proposal and clinical trial budgets.  Draft and negotiate clinical
>trials agreements.  Prepare and negotiate contracts, subcontracts,
>and other agreements.  Create and maintain proposal and award
>files and database.  Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise
>in federal, state, and other agency regulations and policies.
>Reviews and monitor project revenues and expenses.  Provides
>limited post award administration.
>
>QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent
>combination of education and experience from which comparable
>knowledge and abilities can be acquired.  Experience in grants
>and contract administration and negotiation in a variety of areas
>(public education, industry, foundations, etc.) is necessary.
>Incumbent will be responsible for conducting negotiations with
>federal, non federal, and industrial  sponsors.  AEHN is seeking to
>increase its research funding from for-profit corporations and
>traditional sponsors of medical research.  Negotiating experience
>and familiarity with clinical trials terms and conditions are highly
>desirable.
>
>Knowledge and experience in research administration at a
>medical center setting with the ability to interpret and understand
>federal and non-federal regulations and operational policies of
>sponsored research, especially for a clinical trails office is
>required.  The successful candidate will have the ability to work in
>a fast paced environment with strict deadlines.  He or she will
>have strong oral and written communication skills with a
>demonstrated ability to work with internal and external personnel,
>exercising a strong customer service ethic.  A high motivation and
>a degree of organizational skills with the willingness to work as a
>team member and contribute to team building is needed.
>Demonstrated skills in problem solving with ability to manage and
>execute multiple tasks, respond to multiple demands, and consider
>multiple alternatives will be required.  This position requires
>competent use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and
>familiarity with the use of the Internet in research administration.
>
>Salary will be commensurate with experience.  For consideration,
> [...]

I will be out of the office from Monday, May 29th through Friday, June 2nd.
 If you need assistance during this time, please contact Rhonda Hagan
(xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu) or Erin Wallett (xxxxxx@pop.uky.edu).  If your needs
are not urgent, I will respond as soon as possible after my return.  Thank you.
Jennifer A. Miles, CPA
Accounting Manager Senior
University of Kentucky
Sponsored Projects Accounting