Re: How many hours do you work? Brenda G. Kavanaugh 18 May 2000 20:05 EST

>1. How many hours, on average, do you and or your staff work per week?

 I as the Administrator (an exempt position) work between 55 and 58 hours
per week.  My staff stays pretty close to 40 as they are hourly and we do
not pay overtime.

>2. Does your office allow compensatory and/or flex time? If so, how is this
>handled/reported?

 Our office does allow comp time and I track it by asking them to submit
two timesheets, one showing their normal 40 hour week that I turn in to
Payroll and one that shows me the hours they actually worked.  I take that
timesheet and track their comp time in an Excel spreadsheet, "paying" the
comp time at time and half of course.

>3. Does your office require you to take sick/vacation hours for personal
>appointments that are scheduled during the work day?

As an exempt employee I don't need to worry about time lost for personal
appointments.  I require that my hourly staff either use comp time for
personal appointment or make up the time by staying late.

>Thanks,
>
>Winnie
>
>Wilma G. (Winnie) Ennenga
>Senior Grant and Contract Administrator
>
>Office of Grant and Contract Services
>Northern Arizona University
>Babbitt Administrative Center, Room 100E
>Knoles Drive, Building 51
>Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4130
>
>Tele. (520) 523-8319
>FAX   (520) 523-1075
>E-Mail: xxxxxx@nau.edu

Brenda Kavanaugh, Administrator
University of Rochester
Center for Aging and Developmental Biology
Alzheimer's Disease Center
601 Elmwood Ave., Box 645
Rochester, NY  14642
Phone:  (716) 273-1749 or (716) 275-9917
FAX:  716-756-7665
Email:  xxxxxx@urmc.rochester.edu