Re: NSF PIN to Pass word en mass Marcia Hamm Groover 17 May 2000 10:14 EST

If you are issuing the same password and asking the PI to change it
immediately, you may be running into some challenge particularly if you want to
stick with an algorithm.

What I have experienced in adding or reinitializing current PINs, is that
Fastlane will not allow you to use the same password unless the individual's
password  has been changed 3 times since its last use.  Confusing, I know!  In
other words if your password is FASTLANE1, you can't use it again until you
have gone through FASTLANE2 and FASTLANE3.  Then you can go back to FASTLANE1.

We want to maintain our algorithm.  When I add a user or reinitialize, I
basically provide them with two passwords; one for their initial sign on into
the system after the addition or change and the second and "primary" one for
them to change to which maintains the integrity of our algorithim.

I am not doing global changes, so I can't address that at this time.

Regards,

Marcia Hamm Groover