Re: NSF PIN to Pass word en mass Joe Titone 16 May 2000 12:51 EST

At 01:46 PM 5/16/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>The University of Michigan has almost 1000 registered FastLane users.  We
>will use an algorithm to create a password for each person. It will take a
>very long time to put these into the system one-by -one. We'd like to send
>the info en mass, with some sort of streaming procedure.  Or other method
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?  Thanks
>Bob
>
>Robert Beattie
>Manager of Electronic Research Administration and
>     Senior Project Representative
>The University of Michigan
>xxxxxx@umich.edu

I may not understand the procedure correctly, but it appears NSF does not
want the SRO to know the PI's password.  Accordingly, we are not doing
anything to convert PIN's to passwords.  For new signups, I will be issuing
the same password each time and advising the PI to change it immediately.

Joe Titone
Dept. of Contracts and Grants
Univ. of Southern California
xxxxxx@mizar.usc.edu