Re: Macs and PCs; WP vs. MS-Word Domenica G. Pappas 05 May 2000 23:31 EST

At 08:20 AM 05/05/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Janet --
>
>No, we're not talking about just the paragraph icon, which reveals only
>things like hard and soft returns, tabs, etc.  In Word, when you do a find,
>look at the dialog box that opens:  There are buttons for format and
>special (click on More if these are not visible).  The format button allows
>you to find things like fonts, paragraph and tab formats, etc.  The special
>button allows you to find 21 special characters, including em and en
>dashes, manual page breaks, et al.  Admittedly, the WP codes window is a
>nice touch, and I have not compared every possible formatting or special
>code between the two programs for availability in the search mode of Word
>or reveal-codes mode of WP, but I suspect the average to slightly
>above-average user would be satisfied by either.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>-- Evelyn
>
>At 12:57 PM 5/4/2000 -0400, you wrote:
> >How do I find this similar feature that exists on MS-Word?  I do hope you
> >are referring to something other than the paragraph icon.  I've been
> >working with Word for years, but still miss "reveal codes" of WP and
> >haven't figured out how to look for that info.  Janet
> >
> >In asking
> >>around my area, I have sensed that the reason most who prefer WP do so
> >>because they like the patented "reveal codes" feature of that product.
> >>(MS-word does have a similar feature albeit perhaps not as comprehensive or
> >>well known.)
> >>Rusty Okoniewski
> >***************************************************************************
>***
> >Janet M. Hahn, C.R.A.                           xxxxxx@runet.edu
> >Executive Director, Sponsored Programs          phone: 540-831-5479
> >Radford University                              fax: 540-831-6636
> >Radford, VA 24142-6926
>http://www.runet.edu/~sponsrpr/

I will be out of the office on Monday, May 8th and Tuesday, May 9th.

If you need assistance, please contact Ms. Janice Haney at (312)  567-3035.

Thank you.

Domenica G. Pappas                              Phone 312-567-3035
Assistant Director                              Fax 312-567-6980
Office of Sponsored Research            xxxxxx@iit.edu
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 S. Federal Street,  MB Rm 301
Chicago, IL 60616-3793