Re: Macs and PCs; WP vs. MS-Word Streeter, Audrey 05 May 2000 12:03 EST

This is turning into a Word vs. WordPerfect forum rather than Mac vs. PC.

I am a WordPerfect fan.  The reveal codes is one factor and the other is the
repeat the following action n times.  I write macros and in Word I have to
put the macro on a button bar and activate it for the times I need it.

I buy the WordPerfect suite because some of our facultly use it.  It has a
much better facility for translating to Word than Word translates
WordPerfect.

We prepare the final copy for submission, including translating from Mac,
tranlating to Word, making .pdf for NSF fastlane, etc.  I prefer Mac to come
by email because it translates automatically.  Otherwise we  go to the
computer center and translate.

Audrey Streeter
Grants Coordinator
The Evergreen State College