Re: Macs and PCs; WP vs. MS-Word Evelyn J. Ford 05 May 2000 07:20 EST

Janet --

No, we're not talking about just the paragraph icon, which reveals only
things like hard and soft returns, tabs, etc.  In Word, when you do a find,
look at the dialog box that opens:  There are buttons for format and
special (click on More if these are not visible).  The format button allows
you to find things like fonts, paragraph and tab formats, etc.  The special
button allows you to find 21 special characters, including em and en
dashes, manual page breaks, et al.  Admittedly, the WP codes window is a
nice touch, and I have not compared every possible formatting or special
code between the two programs for availability in the search mode of Word
or reveal-codes mode of WP, but I suspect the average to slightly
above-average user would be satisfied by either.

Hope this helps.

-- Evelyn

http://www.runet.edu/~sponsrpr/