Re: Macs and PCs; WP vs. MS-Word Rusty Okoniewski 04 May 2000 11:15 EST

Debbie,
I hate to disagree with you, but I think all of us could benefit from your
open  "discussions" of Mac vs. PC.  I think many of us would appreciate
factual and unbiased discussions which will assist us in deciding whether or
not we should provide service to our faculty on both platforms.

I also would be very interested why you prefer WP over MS-Word.  In asking
around my area, I have sensed that the reason most who prefer WP do so
because they like the patented "reveal codes" feature of that product.
(MS-word does have a similar feature albeit perhaps not as comprehensive or
well known.)

Most that prefer MS-Word like the compatability with a large number of other
programs,especially the Office Suite, the ease in document conversions and
the universal acceptance factor among others.  Your thoughts would be
appreciated.
Sincerely,
Rusty Okoniewski, Interim Director
IFAS Sponsored Programs