Re: IRB Ronda Hinsch 04 May 2000 08:20 EST

All faculty at the University of South Dakota must use the University IRB.
Our university has their own multi-assurance number from the FDA.  Alot of
universities IRBs across the country have been or will be audited.  The
University of Colorado was shut down due to mulitple IRB problems.

At 12:47 PM 5/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I asked a question the other day and only received one response, which was
helpful.  However, I would like to hear more, if possible.

>The question had to do with commercial (non-local) IRB's.
>
>Does your institution allow faculty to use a non-local IRB under any
circumstances?

>The guidelines allow investigators, which are not affiliated with an
organization that has a local IRB, to use a non-local IRB.  Does your
institution define affiliation?