Re: WP Fonts, PDF Conversions Rich Magyar 26 Apr 2000 08:58 EST

>From: Mike Ludwick <xxxxxx@WM.EDU>
>Subject: WP Fonts, PDF Conversions
>
>As many of you know NSF has warned us about using Word
>Perfect symbol fonts in proposals because Acrobat often will not
>convert them to PDF.  However, it seems that Corel has updated
>its fonts to allow Adobe Acrobat Distiller version 4.XX to embed
>these fonts into Portable Document Files (PDF's).

****
Font compatibility seems crucial in order to correctly generate PDF's.

Has anyone seen a resource for fonts that "guarantee" compatibility with
Acrobat?   I'm not just referring to sticking with 'Times New Roman', but
also variables like Postscript vs. TrueType, what -version- of a font is
best, and is the same font available across platforms?

It would be nice to have a handful of fonts that we could confidently use in
our office, and recommend to our PI's, which would consistantly translate
into quality PDF's.

--
Thanks for your time,
Rich Magyar