Re: Audit Procedures F. John Case 24 Apr 2000 07:12 EST

Valerie,

Do you have any language in the award relating to an audit on this project?
We usually have any audit arrangements stated in the contract (or
sub-contract).  From what I understand from your message, it was federal funds
to the commercial organization with a sub-contract to you.  If I understood
this correctly, then I would hope there is language in your subcontract
relating to an audit.

If you would like to discuss this further, pleae feel free to contact me
directly.

Have a good day...John Case

Valerie Seaquist wrote:

> I am curious about how other universities handle audit requests from
> commercial funding agencies. Do you allow a commercial funding agency
> (Federal pass-through award) direct access to your
> fiscal/payroll/contractual records for a post-project audit or do you
> require that they conduct the audit through your cognizant audit agent? Or
> do you have some other response or process?
>
> Thanks
>
> Val Seaquist
> Office of Research Administration
> UAH