Re: Field/Cash Advances Marcia Hamm Groover 24 Apr 2000 06:10 EST

Pat - I don't have a policy or procedure for you, but I do have a
recommendation on these types of advances.  Make sure that your accounting
system "captures" the advance in someway so that you (or anyone else) looking
at the account can easily understand the true balance on the account.

What I have found is that in many accounting systems, these are not
"encumbered" or reflected in any way.   The account shows more of a balance
than is really available and can easily be overdrawn.

I would be interested in what you gather as far as policy/procedure and any
information on how others "capture" these advances within their systems.

Regards, Marcia