Re: Grad student tuition Gregory K. Schmidt 11 Apr 2000 15:14 EST

we charge out of state or in state as appropriate.

Marcia Walker wrote:

> Hi -
> A question has arisen here about tuition charged to grants, and I'd like to
> "poll the group" on your institutional policies.  Here's the question:  At
> public institutions, when a grad student is paid 50% or more time on a
> grant and his accompanying tuition is paid from the grant, do you ever
> charge that tuition at the out-of-state rate?  (assuming the student is not
> a resident of your state).  Any comments on why or why not are appreciated,
> and you can reply directly to me if you'd like.
>
> thanks -
>
> Marcia Walker
> Research Administrator
> University of Arkansas
> 501/575-3845

Gregory K. Schmidt
Assistant Controller
Florida A&M University
201 FHAC
Tallahassee, FL  32307

850.561.2956 voice
850.561.2461 fax

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the
world to himself.  Therefore, all progress depends
on the unreasonable man."

 George Bernard Shaw