Re: MAC/IBM Word/PDF Question Terry G. Edwards 06 Apr 2000 16:21 EST

Preview and proofread everything.  Ther are so many problems with coding,
compatibility, and interfaces that it's real hard to guarantee any file will
automatically print what it's suppose to.  Open the document on your PC in a
word processing program.  Sometimes the file will automatically convert to the
appropriate format for your computer and printer.  Sometimes you will have to
do some minor editing to make everything line up just so.  Sometimes the file
will not convert automatically because it is in an unknown format.  Usually the
best way to solve this problem is to open the document in the program it was
created in.  Save it in the desired format using the "Save As" command and
changing the document format to the correct choice.  Otherwise the saved
document get saved in the default format of that program, computer, and
printer.  This may have to be done on the original system, since your system
may not have the correct or updated print drivers installed.  Once you have the
saved document, in the correct format you may now print it to a PDF file.
Again if your drivers are not updated, you may experience a slight change in
the pages between the word program and the Acrobat program.  That's why its
best to preview the page in the Acrobat reader.  Changes will have to be made
back in the word processing program.

I always print a copy from Adobe Acrobat Reader just to insure that WYSIWYG.