Re: Grant Application fees Barbara Gray 06 Apr 2000 11:35 EST

Nancy,

Our South Carolina Arts Commission requires an application fee--but it is only
$15.  The individual faculty members have always paid this themselves, mostly,
I believe, because it is easier and quicker for them to write a personal check
than battle the system to get a university check cut in time for the
deadline.  If it were $50 instead of $15, I'm sure we would be in the same
dilema as you.  I will be interested to see other responses.

Barbara

Nancy Peterson wrote:

> Is anyone out there familiar with the American Nurses Foundation Nursing
> Research Grants Program?
>
> According to their application instructions at
> http://www.nursingworld.org:80/anf/nrg2000.pdf there is a $50 per proposal
> application fee for submitting a proposal.  Even though this may be a
> legimate funding source, I hesitate to encourage any of my faculty to
> submit a rquest that includes an application fee?
>
> Do any of your offices have experience with and/or policies covering
> required application fees?

> Nancy Kay Peterson
> Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
> Somsen Hall Room 202-C