Re: Adobe 4.0 question Marie Smith 06 Apr 2000 10:32 EST

Educational copies are not very expensive -- around $39.  When we checked
into the matter, they did not provide site licenses.  We bought individual
copies.

Marie F. Smith
Manager of Grants Administration
Institution of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, Route 44A
Millbrook, NY 12545
(914) 677-5343 (phone)
(914) 677-7508 (direct)
(914) 677 5976 (fax)
xxxxxx@ecostudies.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean,Nancy N. [mailto:xxxxxx@NSO1.UCHC.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 11:23 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: Adobe 4.0 question

Many of the foundations (AHA, ACS, CF) will be or already are requiring
electronic submission. For the AHA deadline (6/15) you have three choices,
1) complete the forms using Adobe Acrobat 4.0  OR  2) complete the forms
using the free Abode reader software, however, you can only view and print
with this option and NOT save the file (how convenient)! OR 3) print the
forms through a PDF file and complete them using a typewriter. Ok, there's
the background!

Now for my question - Does your institution provide a site license for new
software/upgrade such as Abode 4.0 ? How are other institutions handling
this problem?

Nancy Dean
Research Administrator
Office of Research & Sponsored Programs