Re: Definition of Research Hawk, Pat 31 Mar 2000 16:22 EST

Tim,

If I tell you where to find a definition of research, will you tell the rest
of the joke???

I'd suggest you go to A-110 and look in their definitions section under
Subpart A.  Research there is defined "as a systematic study directed toward
fuler scientific knowledge or understanding of the subject studied."  This
section will also define development and mentions that reearch would also
include training activities in some circumstances.

A-21 might not not define research, but I think it also helps by defining
instruction and other sponsored activities (the F&A slant).

Not sure you'll find anything in the Federal Grants and Cooperative
Agreement Act that'll define research.

Happy reading!

Pat

Patricia A. Hawk