Re: ERA & last-minute proposals Ellen Rogers 27 Mar 2000 15:05 EST

Marcia,

We just set an internal deadline for electronically submitted proposals.
You can find the document at the following web site at
http://www.nd.edu/~research/FLinst.html
To get it out to the University, our Vice President sent an e-mail blast
with a cover letter I wrote listing a myriad of reasons why we set the
internal deadline for electronicaly submitted proposals.

Ellen

At 02:31 PM 3/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anybody on this list set internal deadlines for proposals that will
>be submitted electronically?  Last week a PI walked in to our office
>with the internal processing form for a FastLane proposal 15 minutes
>before the 5:00 p.m. deadline.  While parts of his proposal had been
>online, we did not see the Project Description until the very last
>minute.
>
>What have your experiences been and how have you handled them?

>Marcia Day, Fiscal Administrator
>Office of Grants & Contracts      xxxxxx@resgs.umass.edu
>408 Goodell                       413-545-0674
>University of Massachusetts       FAX 413-545-1202
>Amherst MA 01003-3285 USA

Ellen D. Rogers
Director
Sponsored Programs