Re: IRB -- consent forms Marianne G. Kaplan 25 Mar 2000 15:15 EST

Hi Mary -
As far as I know, we (NU / RIC) have never indicated a funding agency in
relation to an IRB submission.

>A question to those of you involved in your institution's IRB committee:
>
>If a project is supported by external funding, does your IRB
>require/request that the consent form include a statement indicating this,
>informing the research participant of the funding agency?  If so, why?  If
>not, why not?  Our IRB is discussing the pros and cons.
>
>Thanks for your help on this.
>- Mary Spina
>Mary T. Spina, CRA
>Director, Sponsored Research
>Illinois Institute of Technology
>3300 South Federal Street, MB/301
>Chicago, IL 60616-3793
>Phone:  312.567.3035
>Fax:  312.567.6980
>email:  xxxxxx@iit.edu
>http://www.iit.edu/colleges/grad/sresearc.htm

Marianne G. Kaplan
Business Support Manager
Department of Research
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/
Faculty Coordinator, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Northwestern University Medical School/
Executive Secretary,
American Spinal Injury Association
345 E. Superior Street, Rm. 1436