Re: NIH experts Charlie Hathaway 24 Mar 2000 14:06 EST

Many investigators do not understand that not all NIH institutes use the R03 mechanism, and that those that do use it can use it very differently.  Many do not accept unsolicited R03 applications. Some use it for younger people, others for senior, others for pilot projects, others for new directions, others for all of the above.

And don't many R03 receive expedited review?