Re: determining type of sponsor Gregory K. Schmidt 17 Mar 2000 14:44 EST

It rather depends upon the objectives for determining the nationality.  If you
want to find the parents of these corporations, you may need a JD to get at it,
not an MBA.  If you just want to know if THAT sponsor is foreign owned, just find
out where their corp. HQ is.  I should think that would be sufficient for most
purposes.

Now, if you're doing this for security clearance or ITAR/EAR purposes, you'll
need to go all the way through.

Greg

"Martha M. Taylor" wrote:

> This may be a dumb question but that never slowed me down before.......
>
> Is there an EASY and FAST way to determine whether or not a sponsor is
> foreign owned?  How far back up the hierarchy can I expect to find the
> information that is, parent organizations, grandparent organizations....
> Do I need an MBA to understand it all?  We are starting to indentify our
> sponsors not only by federal, state, industry, foundations etc but also by
> foreign or domestic.  If there is not an easy and/or fast way to determine
> this, is there a difficult and slow way?  My expereince has been that
> asking the sponsor's POC is often not the most accurate method.  Thanks much.
> Martha M. Taylor, Director
> Office of Sponsored Programs
> 310 Samford Hall
> Auburn University, AL 36849-5131