Re: Support for documentary film Laura Hartley 06 Mar 2000 15:08 EST

The Independent Television Service funds public television projects
(including documentaries) that result in single programs of standard
broadcast length (56:40 and 26:40).  Proposals are accepted March 15 and
Sept. 15 annually.  You can download application guidelines in PDF format
at www.itvs.org.

At 02:19 PM 3/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
>A labor economist on my campus has asked me about possible sources of
>funding for making a documentary film.  He and a filmmaker are talking
>about collaborating on an oral history of the labor movement in the auto
>industry -- talking to older workers active in the unions, before those
>workers are gone.  The filmmaker has done some commercial films along
>these lines for (I think) the UAW; the economist has never done anything
>like this.  I wonder if any of you can help me with suggestions for where
>they might turn to explore support for a venture like this.
>
>Liz
>Liz Lieberman
>Director, Office of Sponsored Research
>Assistant Dean of the College
>Wellesley College
>Wellesley, MA 02481
>Phone: (781) 283-3587;  Fax: (781) 283-3695
>E-mail: xxxxxx@wellesley.edu

Laura C. Hartley, Ph.D.
Grants Officer/Staff Writer
Office of the Provost