Re: FastLane View/Edit/Submit Marie Smith 29 Feb 2000 10:29 EST

I know that as SRO our PIs assume NSF is contacting me.  They are not
pleased with all the extra steps that are becoming a necessity when
submitting a proposal.

Personally, I would like to know who the SROs are that NSF have contacted
that are pleased with all of the extra work and inconvenience.

Marie F. Smith
Manager of Grants Administration
Institution of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, Route 44A
Millbrook, NY 12545
(914) 677-5343 (phone)
(914) 677-7508 (direct)
(914) 677 5976 (fax)
xxxxxx@ecostudies.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Ludwick [mailto:xxxxxx@WM.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 9:50 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: FastLane View/Edit/Submit

Dear Listmembers,

Those of you who work with FastLane may have noticed that the
"allow SRO access" system has changed recently.  Now PIs can
decide whether they want the SRO to view a proposal; view and
edit; or view, edit and submit.

The problem I have found is that when PIs allow the SRO to view
the proposal I no longer receive the email from FastLane letting me
know.  NSF has said that the emails only go out to the SRO when
"submit" permission has been given.  I asked NSF about this and
got word back that "people seem to like it that way".  I for one do
not like it because if a PI wants me to see a proposal it makes
sense to me that I would get notified.

Perhaps the emails sent from FastLane could specify what
permission has been given.

In any case, I would be interested to hear the opinions of others
because maybe I am missing the upside of the current setup or the
downside of what I am proposing.

Thanks all!

Michael Ludwick, CRA
Associate Director of Sponsored Programs
Grants and Research Administration
College of William & Mary
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795