Re: ATP & indirect costs bloksberg-Fireovid 25 Feb 2000 14:23 EST

Holly,

Single company proposers must pay for all of their indirect costs.
Subcontractors, however, may be reimbursed for indirect costs incurred in
support of an ATP project. Joint venture proposers may also be reimbursed
for indirect costs.  Please refer to pages 3-4 of the November 1999 ATP
Proposal Preparation Kit for further guidance.

At 12:40 PM 02/22/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>We are preparing our first ATP (NIST) proposal and are getting mixed
>signals regarding the charging of indirect costs.  The application
>guidelines clearly state that indirect costs may be charged at the
>federally negotiated rate, but our industry partner is of the opinion that
>indirect costs are not allowed on subcontracts.  I'd appreciate hearing
>directly from any of you who have experience with these proposals.  Thanks
>in advance for your assistance.
>

>Holly J. Myers-Jones, Ph.D.
>Interim Director
>Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
>Bowling Green State University
>Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
>419-372-2481; 419-372-0304 (fax)
>http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/spar/HomePage.html
>xxxxxx@bgnet.bgsu.edu

**      Robert Bloksberg-Fireovid            **
**      ph: 301-975-5457                     **
**      fax: 301-548-1087                    **
**      NIST                                 **
**      100 Bureau Drive, Stop 4730          **
**      Gaithersburg, MD 20899-4730          **
**      http://www.atp.nist.gov      **