Re: Army Electronic Submission Thomas E. Wilson 23 Feb 2000 10:07 EST

The problem that I have with the announcement is that anyone can send in a
preproposal "as long as they are employed by an eligible institution".  The
rubber hits the road when an employee at an eligible institution is
notified in June that their application has made the first cut and their
OSP Officer has to tell them that they are ineligible to apply because
their institution only allows faculty members to apply for research grants!

Tom Wilson

At 08:12 AM 2/23/00 -0600, Youngers, Jane wrote:
>When I saw this announcement yesterday I was very concerned.  However, I
>think this just applies to a "preliminary" submission--actually, it's kind
>of a hybrid.  The program is limited to $50k direct.  The only budget info
>they have to give is the $50k direct plus indirect (at the "appropriate"
>rate) and a total.
>
>It appears that the final proposals will require institutional signature and
>it isn't clear to me that they will be electronic.  Wouldn't surprise me if
>the final ones didn't have to go on those #2 pencil forms that they've been
>using for years....
>
>Jane A. Youngers
>Director, Grants Management
>Mail Code 7828
>University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
>7703 Floyd Curl Drive
>San Antonio TX  78229-3900
>phone 210.567.2333
>fax 210.567.2344