Re: Inclusion of network access costs in F&A base? Tough sell! Gregory K. Schmidt 21 Feb 2000 11:59 EST

First off, a greeting to Ron.  I heard the ERA session we worked on went over well.  Wish
I could have been there for it.

FAMU supports the costs of it's network and computer services generally from state
appropriations.  The fed and other research agencies get a free ride on this.  Not the
way I'd design it, but the administration is apparently happy with the system.  That is,
I'm sure, until they get the bill for an ISP for I-2.

We haven't really discussed the situation yet, but I'll bring it up at the next
opportunity.  I think this is a hot button in the controller's offices.  Or if it isn't,
it should be.  Meanwhile, keep the listserv posted.  I'd love to see what others are
doing.  If I devise one, I'll let you know.

Greg Schmidt
FL A&M University