Re: Angry email Jane Prudhomme 11 Feb 2000 13:59 EST

Thank you, Nancy!  I was wondering how to say what you just said as
diplomatically as you did!   Btw, I noticed that the majority of those
"annoyed" messages are from ".com" addresses, thus I'm not as troubled as I
would be if it were from research administrators (who actually understand the
importance of this issue).

Nancy Peterson wrote:

> I assume that the very people who are complaining about the Fastlane
> messages they are getting and demanding they be removed from the FastLane
> mailing list are the same ones who keep hitting the reply button sending
> their messages to everybody, thus creating the equivalent of an email
> snowball.   My guess is the FastLane mail list and the resamd mail list
> somehow ended up in the same "To" header at some time, and created a
> monster.   Regardless, I think it behooves those of us on the resamd list
> to make sure our "To" headers are clean before hitting any reply buttons.
> Otherwise we may end up on the news as a new breed of hacker!   ;-)
>
> PS  Sorry you've been deluged with angry emailers, Carolyn.   But at least
> it's Friday.    :-)

> Nancy Kay Peterson
> Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
> Somsen Hall Room 202-C