Re: use of university name Herbert B. Chermside 01 Feb 2000 16:22 EST

Anne, we use this one, and modify it if the prohibition goes only one way:

11)   USE OF THE PARTIES NAMES.  The SPONSOR and VCU agree not to use the
name of the other party or any member of its staff in sales promotion, or
advertising, or in any other forms of publicity without the written
approval of an authorized representative of the said other party, except as
required by law.

Chuck

At 11:52 AM 2/1/00 -0500, you wrote:
> Does anyone have, for agreements, a firm yet friendly clause
>stating that the (client) may not use your university's name without
>permission?  And do you insist on written permission?
>  Thanks very much for any help.
>

>Anne Womack CRA
>Director of Sponsored Programs
>Grants and Research Administration