Re: Telecommuting Cephas, Lesley 01 Feb 2000 12:32 EST

SIGN ME UP
Lesley K. Cephas, Chief Administrative Officer
UCLA Department of Human Genetics
Gonda Center, Room 6506
Los Angeles, CA  90095-7088
(310) 794-7505 VOICE
(310) 794-5446 FAX

 -----Original Message-----
 From:   Debra B. Linzer [mailto:xxxxxx@MAIL.MDANDERSON.ORG]
 Sent:   Tuesday, February 01, 2000 9:11 AM
 To:     xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
 Subject:        Re: Telecommuting

 To define it broadly:
 The employee is doing the majority of his work off-campus
(most often from home)
 and only has to visit campus infrequently.

 Charlie Hathaway <xxxxxx@AECOM.YU.EDU> on 02/01/2000
11:07:11 AM

 Please respond to Research Administration Discussion List
<xxxxxx@hrinet.org>

 To:   xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
 cc:    (bcc: Debra B. Linzer/MDACC)

 What is "telecommuting"?

 At 10:35 AM 2/1/00 -0600, you wrote:

 >To those of you in Academic Medical Centers:
 >
 >We are currently trying to determine the feasibility of
telecommuting within
 our
 >institution.  We
 >?re looking at the whole institution, not just the research
 >administration portion.  I would appreciate it if you would
take the time to
 >respond to this survey or forward this to someone who would
be able to help me.

 >1.   Does your institution currently have a telecommuting
policy?
 >     If yes, could I obtain a copy?
 >
 >     If not, are there plans to implement one in the near
future?

 >2.   Do you currently have employees within your
institution who telecommute?
 >     If so, what types of positions do they hold?
 >

 >     Please complete below so I can contact you for
additional information.

___________________

 >Phone Number: _______________________
 >
 >Please reply to:         xxxxxx@mdanderson.org
 >
 >     Thank you,
 >
 >     Debra Linzer, C.P.A.
 >     University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
 >     Department of Cancer Biology
 >     1515 Holcombe Blvd ? 173
 >     Houston, TX  77030
 >
 >     (713) 792-8733     phone