Re: Document Imaging Youngers, Jane 01 Feb 2000 10:49 EST

For those of you planning document imaging systems, please remember that you
need your cognizant audit agency approval of your system.  HHS recently
(last summer I think) issued a memorandum on this very subject.

Jane
Jane A. Youngers
Director, Grants Management
Mail Code 7828
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio TX  78229-3900
phone 210.567.2333
fax 210.567.2344
email xxxxxx@uthscsa.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Schmidt [mailto:xxxxxx@FAMU.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 8:55 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: Document Imaging

Vicki:

I'd like to see the results on this, too.  We're in the very early stages of
looking at document imaging in the controller's office for all printed
documents.

I understand that the U of South Florida uses such a system.  I know that
the Florida Dept of Health & Human Services (now Dept Children & Families)
did it for personnel records.

In both cases they were workflow issues.  USF uses it for archives, also.
In any case, there needs to be a consistent "front page" with retrieval
information on it.  In our case, it would be the printed voucher document
which contains account, vendor, object codes and dollar amounts.  The
balance would be in a PDF-type document (a picture).

For sponsored activity, ERA would be a boon to document storage and
retrieval.  I'm looking at pilf...er...borrowing BinTech's IES database for
all of our contracts and grants.  Considering my development budget ($0.00)
and time budget (0:00.00), this may be the best I can do.