Re: FastLane question Barbara Bralver 28 Jan 2000 13:25 EST

yes you do!!! individual programs have included program specific
instructions not found elsewhere....it ain't a perfect world yet

At 12:01 PM 1/28/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>It's happened with an Engineering proposal and a Computer Science proposal.
>
>The offices are simply looking for the signed cover sheet (and supporting
>materials, if appropriate) that is mailed in after we do the electronic
>submission.   I would guess they are receiving the copy of the proposals
>separately from the cover sheets and they aren't getting matched up
>properly.   Or maybe they are receiving the proposals in advance of the
>cover sheets, and are hesitant to do anything until the signature is
>"in-hand."
>
>If some of the program announcements are now including instructions to send
>the signed cover sheets in separately as one list participant mentioned),
>it's going to be awfully easy to miss that.  PI's and SRO's are generally
>just referring to the program guidelines for content instructions.  If
>you're doing a FastLane submission, you don't expect to have to look at the
>individual program guidelines for submission instructions, too.

>Nancy Kay Peterson
>Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
>Somsen Hall Room 202-C
>Winona State University
>Winona, MN  55987
>
>Phone:  507.457.5519
>Fax:       507.457.2415
>xxxxxx@winona.msus.edu
>http://www.winona.msus.edu/grants/
>

>                    "Rabanal,
>                    Florence I"          To:     xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
>                    <xxxxxx@NSF        cc:
>                    .GOV>                Subject:     Re: FastLane question
>                    Sent by:
>                    Research
>                    Administratio
>                    n List
>                    <xxxxxx@hri
>                    net.org>
>

>                    01/28/00
>                    11:15 AM
>                    Please
>                    respond to
>                    Research
>                    Administratio
>                    n Discussion
>                    List
>

>Hi All,
>I'd like to try and work this out.  Nancy, can you send me more detail on
>the kind of "signed materials" that the NSF Divisio is asking for?
>
>Thanks
>Florence Rabanal
>National Science Foundation
>Directorate for Mathematical and PHysical Sciences
>FastLane Project Coordinator

Barbara Bralver
mailto:xxxxxx@alpha.lehman.cuny.edu
For up to the minute grant information online:
http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/grants/