Re: NIH Annual Raise Citation Peter J Dolce 21 Jan 2000 17:00 EST

This citation in the guide, I believe, is the original, authoritative source
for 3%.  I don't know of any changes since then.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Euler [mailto:xxxxxx@BGNET.BGSU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 3:20 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: NIH Annual Raise Citation

I was under the same assumption.  In fact, the NIH Guide, Volume 26, Number
14, dated May 2, 1997, under Fiscal Year 1997 Funding Strategies, states
that no more than a 3% increase should be used.  The 4% rate would only be
used to calculate future year direct costs for grants awarded prior to FY
97.

Has there been a change that I am not aware of?

Robin Euler

>I have been under the assumption that the increase is only 3% each year.
>Most of the NOAs state that.
>
>Audrey
>
>At 01:56 PM 01/21/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am looking for the exact citation from NIH that says salaries are
limited
>to a 3.5% increase.  Any information any has would be greatly appreciated.
>>Thanks!
>>Adam
>>
>>Adam Kashuba
>>Post-Award Coordinator
>>Sponsored Programs and Research
>>DePaul University
>>Schmitt Academic Center Room 501
>>2320 North Kenmore Avenue
>>Chicago, Illinois 60614
>>Phone: 773/325-4507
>>Fax: 773/325-7389

>Audrey C. Buck
>Senior Contract Administrator
>Research Services
>Phone:  (215) 573 6709
>Fax:    (215) 898 9708
>email:  xxxxxx@pobox.upenn.edu

_______________________________________

Robin L. Euler
Grants Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
106 University Hall
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
Bowling Green, OH 43403
(419) 372-2481