Re: Subcontract to a Federal Agency Herbert B. Chermside 20 Jan 2000 21:03 EST

I have just been dealing with the same problem in the other direction:
NASA grant, DOD research lab.  The issue is not resolved yet.  The problem
is how to get $ INTO a federal agency legally.

Right now we are looking at the DOD CRADA language as a method.

Another suggestion, which we are not pursuing because someone seemed to
have problems (mostly a conflict between where the $ comes from to the
final recipient and who "directs" the work) is to reduce your award and
have your sponsor MIPR the funds to the other agency.  (Ask your fed
contact about MIPR)

It is not easy, because there just are not many legal ways to get $ to
federal agencies (without the intervention of the IRS!!!)

Please share your final solution.

Chuck

At 02:54 PM 1/20/00 -0600, Judy Wilks wrote:
>We have to issue a subcontract to NASA under an ONR grant.  I would
>appreciate any guidance, suggestions, boilerplate agreements, clauses to
>insert, warnings or words of wisdom you have to offer.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Judy Wilks - Tulane University
>Judy Wilks
>Tulane University