Re: Modular Grants Pamela Webb 18 Jan 2000 13:59 EST

Linda,

Welcome back.  I hope you are feeling better now!

Northwestern has prepared a web page on Modular Grants, including
downloadable template forms and guidance.  Please help yourself.  They are
at:  http://nuinfo.nwu.edu/orsp/mod.html.    The template for the Budget
Justification form is listed under the Instructions, item #1.

-- Pamela

At 11:29 AM 1/18/00 -0700, Linda Richardson wrote:
>I've been out on extended medical leave while the modular grant
>applications started up, and now need to do the budget and justification on
>my first one.  According to the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts Notice
>dated December 15,1998,
>
>"o  NARRATIVE BUDGET JUSTIFICATION - Use a Modular Grant Budget Narrative
page.
>(See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/modular/modular.htm for sample
>pages.)
>At the top of the page, enter the total direct costs requested for each year."
>
>however, I can't find a Modular Grant Budget Narrative page anywhere.  I
>remember seeing - somewhere - that we are to use a blank sheet of paper,
>format it ourselves to match their sample, and fill it in.  I can't find it
>now, so I don't know if I dreamed it or what!
>
>Is there a form I should be using for the budget/justification, or am I
>supposed to make my own along the lines of the sample from the NIH Modular
>Research Grant Applications -  NIH Office of Extramural Research  web page.
>
>As I need - of course - to get this out yesterday,   :-)
>
>I'll sure appreciate any fast response assistance any of you could send my
>way.  Thanks in advance.
>

>Linda Richardson,
>Research Accountant, Senior
>xxxxxx@u.arizona.edu
>Phone:  (520) 626 - 4384
>Fax:    (520) 626 - 4070
>
>Dept. of Psychiatry
>University of Arizona
>AHSC Rm 7429
>College of Medicine
>P.O. Box 245002
>Tucson, Arizona  85724-5002

Pamela A. Webb, Director
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Chicago Campus
Northwestern University
Phone:  (312) 503-7955
Fax:      (312) 503-2234