Working from home off-campus F&A rate Alexa Van Dalsem (08 Apr 2020 09:36 EST)
Re: Working from home off-campus F&A rate David Hagen (08 Apr 2020 09:57 EST)

Re: Working from home off-campus F&A rate David Hagen 08 Apr 2020 09:57 EST

It's important to note that UC Boulder's definition of off-campus that
is included in their negotiated rate agreement includes a statement that
says "Projects partially performed off-site are apportioned between
their on-site components."

Some Universities have that language included in their rate agreement,
in which case in makes sense to use the off-campus rate for work being
performed at home.  However, many institutions have a different off
campus definition in their rate agreement. Minnesota's states that
"Grants and contracts will not be subject to more than one F&A cost
rate.  If more than 50% of a project is performed off-campus, then the
off-campus rate will apply to the entire project."  It is important to
follow the approach defined in your rate agreement.

David

--
David Hagen
Director