Re: Gift vs Grant Bob Beattie 11 Feb 1999 18:07 EST

Faculty member wants to do a clinical trial of a new drug.
She askes for corporate support.  The company is willing,
request acknowledgement, and an invoice for expended costs.
No follow up, no results to generate.  Total value $250,000.

If you call this a gift then do the same for the video.
What's difference but order of magnitude of the money.

Does "no follow up, no results to generate" mean that the video
does not have to be produced?  I think we would consider both
sponsored projects and take overhead on the larger project
and discuss it on the smaller but probably waive.

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu