Re: Subagreements Tony Boccanfuso 17 Oct 1997 08:06 EST

BGSU does not allow university employees to serve as consultants (i.e.
receiving a 1099) on university based projects.

They can receive payment as an employee where appropriate.

Tony

>I would write the subagreement to the University and name the individual =
>as PI.  Contracts should not bypass the university's contracts and =
>grants administration guidelines and regulations for monitoring such.  =
>If your PI insists that it be issued to this person as an individual, it =
>should be issued to that person's home address as an individual.  Also =
>keep in mind where the subcontracted individual will be performing the =
>work - at his university using his lab/equipment?  During his work day =
>or on his own time?  If so, the university should get indirect on this =
>and appropriately be able to charge his salary for his time to the =
>contract.
>
>Susan Hawkins, Contract Administrator
>University of Alabama in Huntsville
>Research Administration, RI E-39
>Huntsville, AL 35899
>205/890-6000 ext. 237
>xxxxxx@email.uah.edu

Anthony M. Boccanfuso, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Research and Federal Relations
Bowling Green State University
106 University Hall
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
419-372-2481; 419-372-0304 (fax)