Research in LMIC Countries - Paying Consultants? Sheri Ozard (18 Nov 2015 09:10 EST)
Re: Research in LMIC Countries - Paying Consultants? Carolyn Elliott-Farino (18 Nov 2015 11:39 EST)

Re: Research in LMIC Countries - Paying Consultants? Carolyn Elliott-Farino 18 Nov 2015 11:39 EST

Sheri,

We have used Western Union to wire money to workers in Belize. As far as I
know, we have encountered no problems going this route.

Carolyn
Carolyn Elliott-Farino
Executive Director, Office of Research
Kennesaw State University &
Kennesaw State University Research and Service Foundation
3413 Kennesaw Hall, MD #0111
585 Cobb Avenue, Kennesaw, GA 30144
470-578-6381

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List
[mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Sheri Ozard
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:10 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Research in LMIC Countries - Paying Consultants?

Hi all,

I am hoping to tap into any experiences with research conducted in low- and
lower-middle-income countries. I have a researcher who wants to hire
consultants to do the work locally (conducting surveys) in several Latin
American Countries. They are not affiliated with a local institution, so we
need to pay them individually.

We are encountering problems with our internal processes. These individuals
do not have bank accounts, so we cannot mail a check or wire funds. Western
Union is looking like our best option for paying their consulting fees. Has
anyone had experience with Western Union or related services? Did they work
well?

Thanks for any advice!
Sheri

Ms. Sheri Ozard, Director of Research Administration College of Public
Health, Temple University Weiss Hall, Room 349
1701 N. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
215-204-5396 (office)
215-806-9178 (cell)

"LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)<br> <br>  A link directly to
helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help<br>